Staff Career Development
In today’s modern workplace companies and organisations must lead and develop their workforce in order to maximise their return from this major resource.
To ignore training and career development is simply “bad business management”, leading to staff turnover, disconnect and lack of a team vision.
Training and career development are two separate components of workplace learning and it is career development that is often neglected, however one compliments the other in a dynamic and interdependent workplace strategy.
The Staff Career Development program is tailored to both the organisation’s objectives and the individual’s aspirations, marrying them into a satisfied and focused employee equipped with the knowledge and tools to actively contribute to the corporate and common good.
Internal career development of current employees can be a rich source of talent, and also provide an excellent opportunity to increase employee engagement.
Career development is vital for employees to understand their potential value to the organisation and/or industry sector. Building 3, 5 and 10 year career plans develops a vision that enables career pathways to be built and provide for better workforce resource planning. Individual employees and human resource managers can then plan for additional training or qualifications needed to fulfil these career plans, and therefore ensure an ongoing supply of skilled people ready to be utilised as needed.
It is not all about hard skills. The current team based workplace thrives on employees with good soft skills and this applies to all levels of personnel. In this 21st century people in general are better educated, more complex and demand a sophisticated level of interaction with peers, managers and customers.
The Staff Career Development program addresses both hard and soft skills, with EI (Emotional Intelligence) being a critical component. A highly skilled employee (any level) with poor EI can be a disaster in a team environment, which is manifest in recent cases of bullying, stress and other ailments that afflict the current workplace.
The good news is that EI skills can be learned. Once identified as an area of concern in the initial assessment process (or perhaps noted by a concerned HR manager) strategies can be designed to address an employee’s emotional intelligence and general interaction within the workplace, often with overflow benefits into the person’s personal relationships.
The Staff Career Development program is holistic in assisting the total person, not simply improving a set of skills. This not only assists the individual, but also the organisation can avoid workplace problems that can adversely affect productivity and at worst result in litigation etc.
Providing career resources is not an employee perk. It is a deliberate strategy to guide individual aspirations and personal skill-building in a direction that is most beneficial to the enterprise. Many career initiatives arise from poor employee engagement scores (employees rate their company poorly on career opportunities) as a strong contributing reason for losing key talent. But organisations that have deliberately focused on career and career conversations have seen improvements beyond just survey scores and retention.
Using intensive career management techniques people learn to understand themselves, their skills, personality and potential…more importantly they develop an understanding of their value to the company, organisation and sector.
People actually want to contribute and perform well in their jobs. The confusion occurs when they lack an understanding of the prospects with their employer, and have little or no concept of their career pathway in the foreseeable future.
The Staff Career Development program will give employees the vision and competencies to grow professionally and personally. The ACMA career management consultant becomes a mentor to ensure that the corporate goals of the program are achieved within the context of facilitating both career and personal growth of all participating employees.
Empowered employees are productive employees!
A recent report from Deloitte clearly states "focusing on career management will give your company endurance and agility."
Staff Career Development program summary
Each person is individually assisted by a senior career management consultant who is a registered practitioner with the Career Development Association of Australia, and holds post graduate qualifications in Career Guidance Management. The consultant will support the participant throughout the entire program in a dedicated 1 on 1 relationship.
- Self-paced program with unlimited contacts/sessions and/or length of program (tailored specifically to the each participants career objectives, personality, skills, needs and in the language of their own choosing)
- Delivered via our interactive online career management system and “face to face” as required (refer “Note” below)
- Work from the comfort of the participant’s workplace or home interacting with the consultant 24/7 Australia wide
- 24/7 toll free 1800 number Hotline support service Australia wide
- Initial detailed assessment process to identify unique skills, personality traits, career aspirations/pathways, personal values and possible re-training options
- Written report and psychometric assessment showing potential occupations, sectors and target market organisations Australia wide
- CV (crafted by a professional resume writer)
- Multi-faceted Action Plan designed to ensure a highly effective job search process
- LinkedIn profile development
- Full job search training, with weekly reviews, task setting and support
- Coaching on application procedures including letters and online job applications
- Selection Criteria training for public sector positions
- Hidden job market focus (connecting directly with hiring managers and recruiters in the participant’s target market)…70% of jobs are never advertised
- Networking skills and techniques
- Assistance in approaching and using recruiters Australia wide
- Detailed interview training involving written preparation, mock interviews and follow up
- Salary negotiation assistance and employment contract perusal
- Psychometric test preparation and training
- 12 months mentoring after starting in a new job to assist settling into any new workplace
- Plus any other coaching, goal setting or specific strategies that may be needed to achieved a successful and timely career transition
- Face to face support sessions delivered in our CBD offices, plus unlimited interactive online support and 24/7 telephone hotline service
- Outside CBD offices, unlimited interactive online support and 24/7 telephone hotline service
- On-site attendance by special arrangement
Click Contact us now to complete a CORPORATE ENQUIRY form to receive a detailed information kit