How to achieve a career change
"What is the best way to change my career...how do I go about it?"
It is difficult for most people to identify new industry sectors, occupations and pursuits that ideally suit their career and lifestyle aspirations.
Here are some tips:
- Know yourself deeply
- Identify your key transferable skills
- View your career and life to date as an outsider looking in
- Make an inventory of your talents
- Honestly review past behaviours and limiting thought patterns
- Breakthrough limited beliefs and mindsets
- Develop a realistic career vision and do not sabotage it with negative thoughts...there will always be some negatives to any decision
- Research, research and research any new career/job you think may be suitable...this is an exercise that you HAVE TO GET RIGHT
- Ensure that all future career options align with your values, energy, patience and most importantly your expectations
- Develop a 6 to 12-month Career Plan that is Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely (SMART)
- Don't try and change your career without professional assistance as it is too important to get wrong
- Accept the fact that career change is both complex and potentially a life-defining event
Let ACMA assist you to achieve a great career change!
ACMA creates successful career paths through detailed individual assessment, research and job market analysis, combined with expert personalised coaching.
Note: A Career Development Association of Australia research paper found that when professional career guidance occurred that the participant was 2.67 times more likely to secure a job.
All program services can be delivered via our interactive online cloud-based career management "Career Talk" system and/or "one-on-one" in our Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne, Cairns or Auckland offices.
RING 1800 245 380 now to book a FREE consultation
Comments posted below are PUBLIC, if you wish to make a private comment or query please use the form on our contact page.