Advanced Vocational Assessment
It is common for people from any background or age group to have little or no concept of what job or career pathways are suitable for them.
With thousands of positions available across multiple sectors, where do you start? How can you personally analyse this vast amount of data and decide on your perfect career match (you probably have more chance of winning Tattslotto)?
ACMA offers the solution, with its Advanced Vocational Assessment program suitable for anyone aged 18 to 65.
From the comfort of your home or workplace, and under the care of your own personal career management consultant, you will be directly guided through a “blended learning process” consisting of online assessments and personalised advice and interpretation.
Good career choices are based on a combination of factors and relevant employment data. No use moving into a job in a declining sector.
Detailed analysis and collaboration with your consultant will clarify many issues and open the door to career opportunities and occupational awareness.
Ongoing discussions and examination of career options, plus two written reports are all part of the journey of discovery that your career consultant will guide you through.
The jobs and career opportunities are out there right NOW…it’s just that most people lack awareness of the “big wide world of work”.
What are the big five personality traits?
The easiest way to remember them is to use the acronym "OCEAN", says Nick Haslam, Professor of psychology at the University of Melbourne.
- Openness is the tendency to be open to new ideas, imaginative, curious and creative, Professor Haslam says. People who score high in openness are often interested in creative pursuits.
- Conscientiousness is about having attention to detail and a good work ethic, says Eliroma Gardiner, a personality researcher at Griffith University. People who score highly in conscientiousness tend to want to get things done on time, the proper way and tend to follow rules. If you prefer to disregard rules and do things your own way, you'd likely score lower here.
- Extraversion is the trait most associated with those who like to be the life of the party, those people who really enjoy socialising and spending time with others, Dr Gardiner says. If you'd prefer to snuggle up with a good book by yourself rather than head to the pub, you're likely to score lower on extraversion.
- Agreeableness, like extraversion, is about interpersonal style. People who score highly on agreeableness tend to be warm, trusting, kind and cooperative, Professor Haslam says. They tend to adjust to others, rather than forcing their own ways on them.
- Neuroticism is simply about how likely you are to feel negative emotions, like anxiety, sadness, anger, envy and jealousness. People who score highly on neuroticism tend to experience a lot of these negative emotions, while people who score lower tend to be more emotionally stable and calm.
Get a better job faster! with ACMA programs providing:
- A structured program and proven career coaching system involving a completely different approach to job search and career development based on research and analysis
- Help to get you totally clear on your career objective/pathway
- Thorough preparation for the career transition or job search
- Guidance (24/7) through proven job search methodologies/strategies including the latest Emotional Intelligence (EI), Rapid Pathway Molding (RPM), Narrative Therapy (NT), Cognitive Information Processing (CIP) & Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR) techniques
- Profile differentiating your unique qualities and skills from others; with a complete portfolio of "self-marketing" techniques, tools and methods
- Evidence based assistance to land you the RIGHT job sooner, with maximum remuneration
- Development of a long-term plan for ongoing career management including retraining and/or upskilling options
- Personalised support through the challenging or discouraging moments, including salary negotiation
- Coaching (24/7) through all stages such as networking, interviewing, negotiating, psychometric testing, finding hidden jobs and more...
- Highly effective tools and resources needed for career transition success (now and into the future), plus developing your all important online digital and social media profiles
- Learn how to recession proof your career for the long term
- Be personally case managed by Australia's leading career management consultants