Public Sector Careers
The public sector (Federal, State and Local) employs over two million people, providing numerous well-paid jobs and career pathways.
Entry into the public sector is a major barrier for many people, confronted by onerous application and interview processes.
Applying for public sector jobs is complex requiring detailed written key selection criteria and capability statement responses. Unless a candidate clearly understands these processes, access to a public service job will only be a dream.
The application and interview stages are totally different from each other and need to be treated as separate exercises.
This is where ACMA's expertise has helped numerous clients to gain entry into the public service by providing ongoing advice and technical support throughout all recruitment stages!
With our advanced technology, job search strategies and national job market intelligence we assist people throughout Australia/NZ to get the public service job or promotion they want...it is a complex task to get right. It’s never too late to reignite your job search and career– as long as you have the right resources and professional support!
Career advice based on RESEARCH...not chance!
ACMA provides a full case management process that works with clients until they are placed into their next public sector position or promotion...with no limitations on length or intensity of support required.
A lot of people tend to think, “I don’t need help with my public sector job search, I can land a job on my own.” But the truth is, job search today is SO different from what people think it is.
It’s not applying to every job you think you’re qualified for and hope you get a call. It’s not waiting on recruiters and hiring managers to reach out to you for opportunities. And, it’s not settling for the first offer you get.
The days of having a passive job search strategy are over. Now, it’s time for you to take control of your public service job search!
Let ACMA provide you with a complete career advice process and a comprehensive set of in-depth resources that you cannot obtain anywhere else. We assist to shorten of any public sector job search with SUPPORT and RESOURCES that only our clients can access.
Get a better job faster with ACMA's public sector career advice programs providing:
- A structured program and proven career coaching system involving a completely different approach to job search and career development based on research and analysis
- Help to get you totally clear on your career objective/pathway
- Thorough preparation for the career transition or job search
- Guidance (24/7) through proven job search methodologies/strategies including the latest Emotional Intelligence (EI), Rapid Pathway Molding (RPM), Narrative Therapy (NT), Cognitive Information Processing (CIP) & Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR) techniques
- Profile differentiating your unique qualities and skills from others; with a complete portfolio of "self-marketing" techniques, tools and methods
- Evidence-based assistance to land you the RIGHT job sooner, with maximum remuneration
- Development of a long-term plan for ongoing career management including retraining and/or upskilling options
- Personalised support through the challenging or discouraging moments, including salary negotiation
- Coaching (24/7) through all stages such as networking, interviewing, negotiating, psychometric testing, finding hidden jobs and more...
- Highly effective career advice, tools and resources needed for career transition success (now and into the future), plus developing your all important online digital and social media profiles
- Learn how to recession-proof your career for the long term
Effective public sector career advice stems from a well-designed, well planned, well organised, and well-executed process. Much like any business process, there are many pieces to the puzzle. It all begins with having the right resources in place and the right public service career advice on how to use them.
We will lead you through a highly-organised process that is custom-designed and tailored to meet your specific public service career needs and objectives.
Be personally case managed by Australia's leading public sector career advice consultants!
ACMA creates successful career paths through detailed individual assessment, research and job market analysis, combined with expert personalised coaching.
Note: A Career Development Association of Australia research paper found that when professional career guidance occurred that the participant was 2.67 times more likely to secure a job.
All program services can be delivered via our interactive online cloud-based career management "Career Talk" system and/or "one-on-one" in our Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne, Cairns, Darwin or Auckland offices.
RING 1800 245 380 now to book a FREE consultation