Chronic Illness Career Coaching
People diagnosed with a chronic illness face uncertainty about employment prospects. Physical or mental illness should not be accepted as a barrier to gaining worthwhile employment, many CI people have much to offer the workforce.
"IF YOU VALUE YOUR CAREER, YOU WILL VALUE OUR SERVICE"
Chronic illness career coaching based on RESEARCH...not chance!
Working closely with your career consultant, CI people are provided with tools to create and adjust to the long term Action Plan. Intensive assistance is then provided on multiple levels to gain entry to the workforce or to remain in their current position.
Two factors have been shown to be effective in increasing the likelihood that people with CI maintain successful employment:
Self-advocacy: -gathering information, speaking up for themselves and making decisions for themselves about what is best for their quality of life
Environmentally focused job retention approach: -identifying specific work barriers on site and effectively communicating accommodation options to the employer
Personalised 7 days per week support is provided to ensure clients have the best chance of gaining and keeping worthwhile employment.
Career consultants can also refer CI people to other support, resources and organisations (if necessary)...empower yourself with professional career guidance.
Apart from financial necessity, a person with CI has good reasons to work. The social and intellectual engagement that working provides is often therapeutic. Working helps the person focus on something other than their illness, and can provide a source of identity separate from being a person with a Chronic Illness.
Career well-being occurs when a person's life and work are aligned with their physical/mental health needs.
The ACMA career management program provides a holistic approach delivered within a case management framework.
Note: ACMA welcomes the opportunity to assist people with a mental illness, however, they must be currently under the support of a suitably registered professional working the mental health field.
A lot of people tend to think, “I don’t need help with my job search, I can land a job on my own.” But the truth is, job search today is SO different than what people think it is.
It’s not applying to every job you think you’re qualified for and hope you get a call. It’s not waiting on recruiters and hiring managers to reach out to you for opportunities. And, it’s not settling for the first offer you get.
The days of having a passive job search strategy are over. Now, it’s time for you to take control of your job search!
Get a better job faster with ACMA's Chronic illness career coaching program providing:
- A structured program and proven career coaching system involving a completely different approach to job search and career development based on research and analysis
- Help to get you totally clear on your career objective/pathway
- Thorough preparation for the career transition or job search
- Guidance (24/7) through proven job search methodologies/strategies including the latest Emotional Intelligence (EI), Rapid Pathway Molding (RPM), Narrative Therapy (NT), Cognitive Information Processing (CIP) & Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR) techniques
- Profile differentiating your unique qualities and skills from others; with a complete portfolio of "self-marketing" techniques, tools and methods
- Evidence-based assistance to land you the RIGHT job sooner, with maximum remuneration
- Development of a long-term plan for ongoing career management including retraining and/or upskilling options
- Personalised support through the challenging or discouraging moments, including salary negotiation
- Coaching (24/7) through all stages such as networking, interviewing, negotiating, psychometric testing, finding hidden jobs and more...
- Highly effective tools and resources needed for career transition success (now and into the future), plus developing your all-important online digital and social media profiles
- Learn how to recession-proof your career for the long term
- Be personally case managed by Australia's leading career management consultants
ACMA creates successful career-paths through detailed individual assessment, research and job market analysis, combined with expert personalised coaching.
Note: A Career Development Association of Australia research paper found that when professional career guidance occurred that the participant was 2.67 times more likely to secure a job.
All program services can be delivered via our interactive online cloud-based career management "Career Talk" system and/or "one-on-one" in our Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne, Cairns or Auckland offices.
RING 1800 245 380 now to book a FREE consultation